Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm engaged?

Ok so yea David and I finally decided to just go ahead and get married. I think after 12 years it was finally time. We've casually discussed getting married but there always seemed to be something holding us, well him, back. I think it's the realization that marriage is sort of the next step in growing up. Men are always afraid to grow up. It's time to move on to the next step.

I didn't get the traditional chivalric, romantic down-on-one-knee proposal. In fact I didn't get much of a proposal at all. I guess, "wanna get married?" while driving was all I was going to get. I guess I had finally bugged him about it enough. I mean I couldn't really expect it to be much of a surprise. I knew it was bound to happen eventually, I had just hoped it would a. be before I was 30, and b. that he might do something romantic. Well, I didn't the romantic, but I did get the before 30. I'm sure he has something romantic to make up for it up his sleeve. And if not, maybe he'll get the hint after he reads this. :P He better.

No comments: