Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aussie is home...again!

Strange that my second to last post heading was Aussie is home. I have been really lazy/busy lately, so I haven't updated this thing in a while. Yesterday Aussie got out and took off running and the person watching her was unable to catch her. I was a WRECK all night!! I tried looking for her for a few hours last night, but she took off in Liberty City and I had to get home. This morning, still distraught over her missing, I went to take Bandit to the shop where they stay during the day and as I left the shop and was getting back on I-95, I continued to look around for Aussie and there she was sitting in someone's yard. She looked scared and almost like she was waiting for someone to come get her. I was SOOOOO relieved and I felt SOOOO lucky that I found her. She wasn't far from where she took off which is good. But for sure we are going to work on some heavy duty training and behavioral improvements with her. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and I don't know why she took off and why I had to go through that loss and sadness, but in the end we weren't meant to be separated just yet. I have her home with a few cuts and bruises but she is ok. She does have a microchip and tag with contact info, so if an honest person did find here, there would be a way to contact me. I'm just happy that it's OVER and she is home and safe with me. UGH I was a mess!

It's really amazing how we get attached to an animal and just like that, without notice then can just ditch you. I guess it's just their animal instinct or whatever reason they may have to run but it hurts so much. They don't realize how it affects their owners. I did acquire Aussie in the same manner, she just showed up one day. I just hope that she doesn't do it again. She seemed so happy to see me. :) I love her!

ok well that's all I got right now.
I'm hoping to update my wedding bloggerzilla. I've been so busy with taking care of dogs and planning weddings, but I haven't done any real work on my computer. I'm lazy and unmotivated, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I have a lot to look forward to. Aussie needs a wedding outfit. lol

 :)

No comments: