Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mom, It's not a threadmill.

LA Fitness not "La" Fitness

So I finally went to LA Fitness tonight (I hate going to the gym) but I'm doing it for my mom (as well as my fat-ass self). They are pretty state-of-the-art with LCD screens attached to every cardio machine. Holy crap I just realized my mom left me a glass of ice water next to my bed, YES! for moms.

So I get to the gym at like 8:45, most of the cardio machine TVs are on abc watching Dancing with the Stars. So I get on an elliptical machine and bam I realized how royally I screwed up! Lost is coming on in 15 mins and I didn't bring my headphones! I can hook up headphones directly into the machine and watch TV! Amazing what inventions there are. In a way it's kind of funny, watching TV usu requires a couch/bed, but at the gym the TV is workout entertainment. I thought it was pretty cool that you can choose the channel of your choice. There are also machines that you can hook up a USB cable, or an IPOD and charge it! Insane!

So first day at the new gym was partially successful with the workouts, failure for missing Lost. I got parts of it but with no sound and I couldn't get the subtitles to work. Ohwell. My mom working out was entertainment enough.

So I know no one will read this which is fine, I don't get offended.

No comments: