Monday, March 31, 2008

Strange Pets

Ok so I've figured out that I have really strange pets.

It's strange enough as it is to say petS plural. It drives David nuts but if we weren't together I'd have a zoo and be broke. So I'm glad he puts his foot down for me.

I had 2 Bearded dragons, but I recently had to give up Vint, the male. It's just too much for me right now. I already had the two Australian Water Dragons and then I adopted two beardies, but when I started working two jobs, it just got too hectic.

I'm sure he's much happier where he is now.

So anyways, the female is doing great, she's getting super chunky. Her arms and legs have really filled in, so I'm happy about that. I don't have any recent pictures because I'm hardly ever home, and when I am home it's late so it's too dark to take pictures of her. And no I'm not going to use flash on her while she sleeps.

But as for the Water Dragons, they are insane. Aside from the fact that I can't touch them, they're so skittish and psycho. But they freaking sleep upside down. They sleep on the hammock and usually they fall asleep upright against the glass, and little by little you'll see them slide. Eventually they are in some weird contorted position, or they'll just fall off the hammock. But one night we came home to see this.



Yea....


Now the fish that we have is a little OCD and has Social Anxiety.

He is the sole survivor of 8 African Cichlids. I don't know, but I think he is like bionic because he is enormous and has outlived all the others.

He likes to move all the rocks, by mouth of course, a few at a time, or however many he can fit into his mouth. He makes a wall at the front of the tank. Whenever you walk by he swims quickly behind the coffin. I added some more greenery and a covered bridge to give him more hiding spaces/privacy but he still hides and he still builds the mound.

I cleaned the tank last night and moved all the rocks back to a nice flat, uniform base, but sure enough within a few hours he starts moving them. And I keep hearing "tink, tink, tink" coming from the sound of the rocks hitting the glass or other rocks. He's a FREAK!

This is what the tank looks like today, but mind you, usually the wall is much higher.

and he's there hiding behind the bridge.

A little better perspective of his wall.

UGH!

Then there's the cat. David wants to kick the bitch and sometimes he does when she tries to sneak in the house. I named her Sushi Maki but I still call her kitty, pussie, kiki, mushi. Whatever. She listens to anything as long as you feed her.

But I attempted to get catnip, mind you I've gone through 3 live plants already. She attacks them and gets super high. I can't keep them away from her. I try to hide them and she finds them. The last one was beautiful. I got it from Whole Foods, it was full and bushy. I put it on the cooler outside and she got to it, knocked it over and ate a bunch of leaves. Then I moved it on top of the BBQ, she got it there too. So I put it on the table with all the other plants.

She just knocked it off the table and proceeded to rub herself in the plant, probably all day or god knows how long, because when I got home it was like a squashed mess. So she was high as fuck all day.


The remains of the catnip plant.



The side effects...



So David concluded, "That's why she's always stretching and showing me her nasty pink asshole when I get home, She's high as fuck." David established that he hates cats because they show you their gross pink assholes. HAHAHAHA!!! I love him!


One thing I am thrilled about is that I got Mustard Greens seeds to germinate!!


OK, final note.

I love and miss my boyfriend dearly. This month (April) marks our knowing each other for 10 years. But August is the big anniversary.

No comments: